If you the like flavor combination of artichoke and lemon this easy chicken thigh recipe is for you. It is best enjoyed over rice. Or if not gluten intolerant pasta!
Yield – 3 servings
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs ( If desired you can use bone in and or with skin on)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon saffron (more if you like)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon, zest and juiced
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 package of frozen artichokes quartered
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Pat chicken dry and season chicken with salt and pepper
- In a large skillet warm the olive oil over a medium high heat. Add chicken and cook the first side for 6 minutes to brown. Flip and brown the other side for 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chopped onion to the pan. Add salt to sweat the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add saffron, parsley and garlic and cook for one minutes
- Add cinnamon, stirring to combine
- Add chicken stock and lemon zest to the pan to deglaze
- Return chicken to the pan (if using chicken with skin place the chicken skin side up) and nestle the artichokes between chicken thighs.
- Add lemon juice
- Cover and simmer on a medium low heat for 20 minutes to cook the chicken through.
- Serve over rice, placing chicken on top and spooning the sauce
Click here to download the printable version of this recipe: