We hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving! It’s been a couple of days now, and we’re finally starting to recover from the holiday fun and exhaustion!
Here is a list that we put together last night, reflecting our Post-Thanksgiving thoughts:
1. Wow, we’re exhausted!
2. Having all the family together is so heartwarming and feels good right down to the bone.
3. Sheesh, you can never do enough advance planning and preparation. When everyone arrives, it’s difficult to get anything done! You want to stop and listen to every story and be in every room with everyone, but you can’t.
4. Everyone wants to be with you, which is great; your kitchen however isn’t large enough to work efficiently with everyone underfoot.
5. This was our first year trying to film while cooking and having guests; wow, was that difficult. You just have no idea how much time filming and editing eats up. Suddenly your perfectly timed schedule is blown out of the water!
6. How did our parents do it when they had so many to feed every day and not just holidays? It looked so simple!
7. In our dream-home, the kitchen would be the largest room in the house; We’d even have a large fireplace so everyone feels comfy and cozy.
8. What to do with all the leftovers?? Lots of ideas but no appetite as we’ve all cheated so much on our diets! The biggest challenge are the desserts as they are the most tempting!
Like many of you, we carry on the tradition of having all of our guests go around the table and say what we’re most thankful for this year. Did you and/or your family do the same? What are you most thankful for?
Have a great holiday weekend!
-The Dads: Harris & Dave
Whenever we make pies, we love to use the Tupperware Pastry Rolling Sheet!
As demonstrated in our White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Pie video, this measuring sheet comes in handy when rolling your crust. We’ve had the same one for over 10 years! It seems like it is indestructible!
It costs around $18. You can find it on Amazon.com.
NewLife GelPro Mats! If you do any amount of standing at your kitchen counter, you have to have one of these mats!!!
After years of going without the mat and having back pain as a result, what a difference this product makes! They come in a variety of beautiful designs. They are a little pricey but well worth the trade off!
With all the holiday cooking and washing of dishes, Harris & Dave suggest that you treat yourself to one of these and enjoy the holidays free of back pain!
No party is complete without a delicious dessert table!
Presentation is key to helping your guests decide which treat they will be going for.
We recommend to have some of your desserts sitting on the table, while others are elevated on a dessert stand. The height difference, will give your treats a grander appearance! Sometimes we will also make labels so that our guests can identify each dessert. This is especially helpful for gluten-free and sugar-free desserts.
The Microplane is an outstanding tool for every kitchen. When looking to zest a lemon, lime, or orange, you have to treat yourself to a Microplane!
We love this tool and it costs less than $15! What we love about it, is that it removes just the zest and none of the bitter part of the skin of the citrus. We make the best Lemon Meringue Pie with ours! We have also used it to grate Parmesan Reggiano as well as other hard cheeses into fine lacy wisps.
One of the things people mention to us the most is how much they love our home. On this blog, we hope we can give you insight into the thought and details that went into our home creation. Our house is over 100 years old… and we can tell you, it certainly is a labor of love!