Recipe: Harris’ Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Warm delicious cookies & milk. Who doesn’t want to try some of Harris’ Chocolate Chip Cookies?! Harris recommends using Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Chips when making his recipe! Enjoy!
• 2¼ cups all-purpose flour (We prefer King Arthur’s)-Harris says Self-rising in the video – but please use all-purpose!
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 cup of softened un-salted butter
• ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
• ¾ cup white sugar
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or one whole vanilla bean
• 2 large eggs
• 2½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar at medium high speed until very light and creamy. This will take about 5 minutes.
At slow speed, add eggs one at a time until just incorporated. Add vanilla. If using a stand-up mixer with a very slow speed setting gradually add dry ingredients until just incorporated. If you do not have a stand up mixer, incorporate dry and wet ingredients with a wooden spoon.
Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop walnut size mounds of cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 11 minutes.