We hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving! It’s been a couple of days now, and we’re finally starting to recover from the holiday fun and exhaustion!
Here is a list that we put together last night, reflecting our Post-Thanksgiving thoughts:
1. Wow, we’re exhausted!
2. Having all the family together is so heartwarming and feels good right down to the bone.
3. Sheesh, you can never do enough advance planning and preparation. When everyone arrives, it?s difficult to get anything done! You want to stop and listen to every story and be in every room with everyone, but you can?t.
4. Everyone wants to be with you, which is great; your kitchen however isn?t large enough to work efficiently with everyone underfoot.
5. This was our first year trying to film while cooking and having guests; wow, was that difficult. You just have no idea how much time filming and editing eats up. Suddenly your perfectly timed schedule is blown out of the water!
6. How did our parents do it when they had so many to feed every day and not just holidays? It looked so simple!
7. In our dream-home, the kitchen would be the largest room in the house; We’d even have a large fireplace so everyone feels comfy and cozy.
8. What to do with all the leftovers?? Lots of ideas but no appetite as we?ve all cheated so much on our diets! The biggest challenge are the desserts as they are the most tempting!
Like many of you, we carry on the tradition of having all of our guests go around the table and say what we’re most thankful for this year. Did you and/or your family do the same? What are you most thankful for?
Have a great holiday weekend!
-The Dads: Harris & Dave